return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

question about diet

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Sulcata & Spurred Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jojay327 at Sun Apr 17 13:17:12 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jojay327 ]  

Just adopted a 10" sulcatta female ( 5 years old i was told ) this girl was raised in a stock tank in an apartment. She has never seen the outside. She does have the smoothest shell i have ever seen on a sulcatta that size, here is what she feeds. Three days a week its mazuri, one day its spineless cactus pads and for two days she feeds greenleaf and other produce mixed with oxbow orchard grass mix. She does everything right as far as soaking and she always let him out to roam around he was just getting to big for the tank and she thought she would have a house by now. I have 3 acres in South carolina and have built 2 12x12 pens and have grasses growing and a non stop supply of weeds and dandilions i just rotate him between pens. For about four months out of the year he will be indoors should i keep him on the same diet she did during those months because he will not eat hay alone only if it is mixed with store boughts. i have done a ton of research and plan to make this her last home she will ever have so want to do everything right. Sorry for the long post and i will get some pictures up as soon as i can. Thanks for the help, Jay

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  outdoor housing - Stringer, Thu Apr 21 16:21:37 2011
<< Previous topic:  Sulcata Tortoise - Worming - smellephant, Tue Apr 12 21:24:48 2011