return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Pair of Blues stars at Czech zoo

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cyclura & Ctenosaura ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Chelonian at Fri Apr 29 00:33:12 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Chelonian ]  

My friend Tom ask me if I had read the threads lately from this site so I have to give my two cents worth. I am a member of The IRCA and the TSA and I donate and back conservation efforts of both groups.I however also breed rare lizards and tortoises. I have always found it amazing how some of these conservation groups have issues with the private sectors breeding and selling some of the animals that they are trying to protect.I can tell you that I have visited the GC and they are breeding the iguanas in large numbers and are running out of places to release them.I wonder why they are even worried about where the European zoo aquired their iguanas? Or why they want to even get possible other bloodline when they are running out of places to release them.
The Europeans are way ahead you us in the Captive breeding of alot of species and have been for along time.There are many rare animals that are 40 years old in private collection long before CITES began.
I would like to comment that while I visited the breeding facility of the blues my wife and I saw many other blues that were not at all colorful, more grey and brown.So just because an animal is blue doesn't make it a pure animal. I have a nice male hybrid that is an awesome animal.
It will be interesting in how this all comes out with the zoo.Hopefully the animals were aquired through a legal source.
I want to say thanks to you European Breeders, with out you many of us would have never been able to aquire Captive Bred animals that are not available in the U.S.
Yeah.Jurgen is a excellant breeder and a friend.I am always please to hear about the things he has accomplished with his animals.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Pair of Blues stars at Czech zoo - Extreemosaurus, Tue May 3 16:02:03 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: Pair of Blues stars at Czech zoo - Extreemosaurus, Tue May 3 16:31:59 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: Pair of Blues stars at Czech zoo - petereg, Fri May 6 05:02:12 2011

<< Previous Message:  Pair of Blues stars at Czech zoo - jiffypop, Tue Apr 19 07:52:30 2011