return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

BTS Pregnant?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Skinks ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: reaperreptiles09 at Fri Apr 22 15:11:04 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by reaperreptiles09 ]  

Alright, first time breeding northern blue tongues but have had them for a while. Anyone who wants to throw me some info would be great. My female was brumated this winter and she is kept in a super large enclosure with what I thought was another female. They pretty much never see each other since the cage is so big and i have a large range of burrows rocky hides and cliffs. But ive noticed that my caramel female has changed her behavoir. I feed them every 3 days or so, she is now wanting to take food everyday(which ive been giving her just in case along with supplements). She is starting to put on wieght within the last 2 weeks. She rarely burrows anymore and spends most of her time lounging and her stomach area is looking somewhat puffy. She has gone from a super tame animal to somewhat moody, if i pick her up she hangs her tongue out the sides of her mouth and hisses. She does not want her stomach or back touched at all. If anybody has bred northerns before let me know how your females acted when they were pregnant. I am going out today to buy a scale (lost mine) so i can monitor her wieght gain, if I determine she is pregant i will remove the other skink immediatly. Thanks guys
-----
REAPER REPTILES

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereBTS Pregnant? - reaperreptiles09, Fri Apr 22 15:11:04 2011

>> Next topic:  Blueys are starting to go. - jmugleston, Sun May 29 12:39:08 2011
<< Previous topic:  Centralian blue tongues - mblons, Fri Apr 15 21:43:57 2011