return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

She is pretty thick...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dumerils Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: biophiliacs at Tue May 24 18:19:05 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by biophiliacs ]  

I forgot to bring over my camera the other week but I did get a chance to feel up two of the three gravid females I have. One thing I did notice with the two that are six feet is that I could actually feel the individual ova as I let the girls slither away from me. I know from experience that the babies can be quite large at birth but I have never really had the opportunity to count babies before they are born... kind of concerned that both sets could be carrying inferile ova(slugs) since I can actually count them. But I should know with the first female bred to my granite looking male towards the end of the month and with the 2nd female bred to my red phase male in another 20ish days.

In looking at the new pictures you took I do think she is pretty thick but most dumerils are... watch for the pre-lay and just go from there. I do have one female that sheds half way through her gestation but all of my girls have the the pre-lay shed 20ish days before birth.

Later-
Matt Schubarth

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Caudal Luring - 724hp, Thu Jun 2 15:53:26 2011
<< Previous topic:  Where's Pat? - Reesy, Sat Apr 23 07:03:02 2011