return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Alligator . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Sept 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Sept 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Sept 17, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Males vs. Males in the wild

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: cherylk at Wed Apr 27 23:45:29 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by cherylk ]  

I keep a colony of dragons in a large room like a pen and there are 3 males loose in there right now. Two are sub adults and one is an adult, I rarely even see them noticing one another. On the outside of the dragon room, I have a male that likes to roam the house. Every once in a while one of the caged males works the pin out of the doors from repetetive shaking and gets out. They do exactly what the others said, beard displays, circle fight all flattened out, and one eventually runs off. Worse damage ever is a tail bite. I do bring more dominant males in the room with the girls on occasion and the submissive males only fight when they are encounted by the dominant male, they don't run out to pick a fight of their own. Its more the dominant male is just pushing them around to show them whos boss, if they run off they get left alone, if they stand up they circle and tail bite. Its all about territory and females, although the males sometimes seem more interested in each other than they are the females. Frustrating but so true.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Males vs. Males in the wild - wildheart1, Thu May 5 04:01:48 2011

<< Previous Message:  Males vs. Males in the wild - robbeardies, Tue Apr 26 19:13:31 2011