return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Classroom Pics

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Indigo Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Chance at Sun Jun 12 21:36:15 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Chance ]  

You got it Dave. I really miss that ruthveni and would like to get another (or 1.1!) sometime. He's at a nature center over in Northeast Arkansas, so at least he's still providing an educational value.

Here's what my classroom looked like toward the end of this past school year. Keep in mind, the room set up is an ever-evolving arrangement and it looks a little cluttered in these photos, but hey, it was May and I was ready for summer break!

This is my door:

This is what you would see if you just walked in through that door:

And this is my alcove area - complete with leaks, loads of brown recluses under anything on the ground!, stuffed badger I sometimes use to relieve stress by terrifying students, super tall cherry tomato plant, and the current home of the indigo snake. He gets sunlight streaming in during the morning from the right side, then during the evening from the left side. It's not the best possible enclosure for him but it's roomy! And he seems to enjoy the space.

Oh and lest you think I have some kind of weird Satan fetish, my school's mascot is the Red Devils, hence the painted red devil behind that glass case.

So that's my little world during the school year. It's about a reptile oriented as it can be, though I have plans to further ramp that up this coming year. I want my students to learn biology by observing life, not just memorizing various cellular processes. I also love the opportunity to help dispel various snake myths and help people get over their ophidiophobia.
-----
Chance Duncan
Science Teacher, Herp Enthusiast, and Reptilian Conservation Proponent

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Classroom Pics - bobassetto, Mon Jun 20 10:54:09 2011 image in post

<< Previous Message:  RE: Then and now - daveb, Fri Jun 10 18:54:13 2011