return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Cuban pissing me off..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cyclura & Ctenosaura ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: evianjanvier at Sun Jun 19 04:25:05 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by evianjanvier ]  

What have been doing with my lewisi for the few months since I've had him is I sit next to his cage with my arm laying inside the cage fro a half hour a day. I have him in a 6ft vision and it sits on top of a cabinet which puts me at a perfect height when sitting in a chair. I don't just sit there and stare at him, as this would probably make him nervous as well. I will play with the substrate, read a book or hold some fruit or hornworms patiently waiting for him to get the courage to come and take it out of my hand. Well not so much with the horn worms. The desire for horn worms or super worms conquers all fear. In time you he will be coming up to you with much curiosity. First him coming closer just to get a better look, than at some point to lick you and later maybe a walk on your hand or arm. You could sit in your bathroom with him. This would be better because it's much smaller quarters then your room which forces him to be in your presence. But before all this you must gain his trust to get him to the bathroom because it won't do much help chasing him around in his cage, stressing him out just to sit in the bathroom with him. His experience must be positive no matter how small that experience or your progress with him is. They have very good memories and will not forget about you chasing them around the week before........dedication and patience......good luck

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Cuban pissing me off.. - Really, Sun Jun 19 09:03:56 2011

<< Previous Message:  RE: Cuban pissing me off.. - Gary93, Sat Jun 18 11:10:15 2011