return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: CBB Northern Blacks?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Racers & Coachwhips ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jodscovry at Wed Aug 31 20:51:55 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jodscovry ]  

They have short term memories, and I dont stress them out like your thinking kid, I'm pretty gentle, and I never said they wouldnt eat on their own, though its true some babies do refuse to eat and waste away in both nature and in captivity, so instead of the normal 3 out of 20 making it to adulthood to breed, I have 100% of my babies make it to adulthood. I stuff them for a few months because I've seen the dramatic differences in growth rates when fed my way vs whatever volume they normally would eat on their own in capitivity or in the wild, specifically in their first few months of life, and so I recommend my customers skip the first winter cooldown too, for the benifet of the four more months of fuzzie meals, and just in case you didn't know, in the wild they would only eat a meal or two, maybe three before winter, and then not eat again till Feb-March, growing very little by then, mine get 40-50 inches in 12 months. I just do all the work so I don't have to be concerned that my customers are having trouble getting them to eat, not because I'm big and mean. BTW I often bring my three year olds outside and let them hang in low trees and bushes near my front door and they never care to run, they just watch everything that moves and flick their tounge to taste the air, point is they dont resent me for force feeding them, they simply dont remember that very earley part of life, do you? JB

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  coachwhip breeders dealers??? - GPZO, Sun Jun 26 15:10:20 2011
<< Previous topic:  pic 2 - pythonowner3, Thu Jun 2 09:53:34 2011