return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: How to kill

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Feeder Food Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: SnakeyLakey at Thu Jul 21 01:14:14 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SnakeyLakey ]  

When they got to the appropriate size I would pick them up and put them in a zip lock bag and put them in the freezer. I did feel bad that they had to die to feed my snakes but I did not feel bad about how they were dying. Never crossed my mind. Until now.... but not sure why....

I guess I'm asking several questions HOW and WHY with the co2, and also I'm looking for a "YES" when I ask if anyone just throws them in the freezer like i did?? Just so I don't feel so bad.

I used to put live mice in containers and then put them in the freezer; until I got in trouble with the Humane Society and learned that it was illegal to put mice into the freezer (even if they are intended for snake food). In fact, the presence of frozen rodents in the freezer is considered positive proof that the felony crime of Animal Hoarding has occurred.

{Anytime a household has more than ten animals in total, they are guilty of the felony crime of Animal Hoarding. Just a single mouse litter can put a household over the maximum legal limit. Even if all of the animals are well cared for, just the fact of having more than ten animals counts is a felony; for which, the penalty is unreasonably severe!}

Story time: When I was little my mom put a little kitten on a stump and cut it's head off with an axe, because it had a Wolf in it's neck. NOW... Why did she do that when she could have just put it in a hole and covered it up? It was going to die either way. Not sure. I am sure that she felt bad that it had to die and maybe she thought it needed a quick death. End of story. Just for your info I found out later that you can get a wolf out of a cats neck and save the cat.

"you can get a wolf out of a cats neck"
Please define wolf in this usage.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Proper euthanasia with carbon dioxide... - Kelly_Haller, Fri Jul 29 21:26:54 2011
<< Previous topic:  Breeding Question - KingDome, Mon Jul 18 20:21:19 2011