return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hotels to stay at in or near Prescott AZ

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rosy Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: grnpyro at Fri Jul 29 23:09:36 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by grnpyro ]  

Well, depends on what you plan on herping the most really... I don't herp prescott in that time of year because my favorite areas to herp are optimal during spring really. So If I was going to pick an area for that time of year, I would pick somewhere closer to wickenburg because I would be closer to rosy Habitat which would provide more field time rather than drive time. If you were in Wickenburg, there is a really good spot within 30 minutes drive from there. (there are closer but the spot I am talking is more ideal) You can either just hit up vulture mine road and search for some good habitat, or connect to eagle eye road and get the turnoff to the observatory in the harquahalas. I recommend you have a truck, someone told me a car can handle it and my car did not like it. lol
If you were going to stay somewhere in southern az, I would pick Tucson because you can try your luck at the South Maricopa mountains or go check some of the more low lying areas in the santa ritas, or catalinas. I personally never go to the Huachucas or chirichauas at that time of year because they are higher elevation and sometimes can be cold... Let me know if you make a decision because I can hone in on where your staying and give you some cool areas to check, I have lived and herped these areas since I was a little kid.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Swollen ortiz locale mexican 1 - strikersnakes, Wed Aug 3 23:45:35 2011
<< Previous topic:  Hotels to stay at in or near Prescott AZ - Woodsnake, Thu Jul 28 16:10:57 2011