return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Heat Emitter  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  ACTION ALERT: NEW YORK Shipping ban legislation proposed . . . . . . . . . .  FWC moves forward with rule change in Florida . . . . . . . . . .  Western Maryland Reptile Show - Mar. 06, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  All Maryland Reptile Show - Mar. 13, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  Battlefield Reptile Expo - Mar. 20 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  Reptiles At The York Expo Center - Mar. 27, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  All Maryland Reptile Show - Apr. 03, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  East Coast Reptile Super Expo - Apr. 10, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  Northern Virginia Reptile Show - Apr. 17, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 24, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  All Maryland Reptile Show - May 01, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  Reptiles At The York Expo Center - May 15, 2021 . . . . . . . . . . 

full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: thinking about getting a frilled dragon

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Frilled Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: punkrocka at Fri Aug 17 02:25:01 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by punkrocka ]  

Well i have had my frill for about 9 months now and i had gotten her when she was barely 4 inches long. At the moment i have her in a glass tank that is 4ft long, 2 ft wide, and 2 ft high. She seems to being doing realitively well in the inclosure. One thing i might add though is frilled dragons love to climb trees, so to compensate i have several accessories that allow her to climb through out the tank and i provide alot of fake vegetation. On a plus side to glass tanks is how easy it is to obtain the proper humidity. Depending on where u live a glass tank might prove beneficial. On a side note, you can build a glass tank in whatever size you want for about the same or even cheaper.
Anyways, i notice that my female is a little skittish but thats only when i havent held for awhile and enter her "domain" but once she realizes who i am she is completely cool. I mean i let my 2 yr old hold her that how awesome she is becoming. Granted each lizard in different and so is the breed. I had a nile monitor that completely the opposite. He was very aggressive and i didnt trust him. Frlls are awesome and can be very docile. Just take inconsideration the two types there are.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: thinking about getting a frilled dragon - reptilelover700, Tue Sep 27 19:53:14 2011