return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
pool banner - $50 year

HELP Sick Indigo

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Indigo Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: choppergreg at Sat Aug 13 21:21:22 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by choppergreg ]  

Hey Guys. I have a female indigo that has something wrong with her. She is a Texas, 3 years old and about 5 feet long. I have had her since she was a hatchling. She is eating f/t rats. I cut the toes off the rats for the claws. I have been keeping her in a 4 foot long PM herp enclosure, on aspen. The tank is kept dry with a water bowl and a plastic hide box. She is kept alone in her enclosure. I only keep eastern indigos and texas indigos. I have sevral. About ten days ago I feed her 2 rats. A few days later she opaqued. She looked fine until last night. I noticed some fluid (bloating, distention) between her scuts or bottom scales and half way up her sides. This is about mid body and about a one foot long section of the snake body. When I picked her up I ran my gloved hand down her body and all puss, and blood came out. Her skin looks very irritated under the scales. I pulled all her shed off. I called my vet. The problem is he is at a conference till tuesday. So I have been soaking 2 times a day in peroxide and placing tripple antibiotic ointment on. She is also now on papeer towel. I do not have any new animals, or wild caught animals in my collection, or snake room. This does not look like blister disease, because it is compleetly under her scales. I wish I could post a pic, but I always have a problem with posting pics on K.S. If any one emails me I can send a pic from my phone. Her behavior though is compleetly normal despite this. Has anyone else experieced this???

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: HELP Sick Indigo - DanW, Sun Aug 14 07:17:24 2011