return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

INCOMMING LOL

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tanks at Sun Aug 28 17:37:25 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tanks ]  

Ok im here to throw some rocks, that is my favorite pastime on here anyhow. LOL

First off i don’t condone rattlesnake roundups, nor do i believe someone else has the right to tell others they cant do what they want. It is lawful, it does use the animal and this state is funded by commercial hunting of all types. I hate to tell you but eric has brought up allot of good points and as i have read some of these posts on here i can see a few of you to afraid to post, a few in the middle and a few of you in complete denial. Fact is some of you have tried to hide behind saying i have a collection and not a one of my animals is wild caught. REALLY YOU BOUGHT A RUBBERMAID TUB AT WALLMART AND THERE JUST HAPPENED TO BE A SNAKE IN IT OR WHAT????????????

There is a huge demand for fresh new stock to be wild caught to help change, improve or dilute the captive gene pool, but yet you blow a big horn that says my stuff is not wild caught. Really its parents were.
There is no difference in commercial hunting of any animals but yet we like to split hairs, no matter how much you want to hide behind your ego it is still a hair no matter how much we split it. We seem to allow hunting of some animals but not others. Like I said the round ups probably pull in far less animals in sheer numbers compared to what private collectors do across the country, but because its diluted by a huge range over a longer time period we are ok with that.

If you want to try to tell me these round ups hurt the environment bring me a real study, dont give me some crappy study with a pear review. That means nothing, peer review means some other degreed idiot has your same ideas. That does not make your study correct, tp&w has many studies that have turned out to not be correct, or how about the journal of medicine, take aspirin to prevent a heart attack, oh no that’s not a great idea, dont eat butter eat margarine, that turned out to not be so accurate, dont eat eggs, well ok some eggs are good for you. All studies with pier review.

No to the point, lets get some studies, if it is adversely effecting the environment lets set bag limits, seasons, size limits or something. But untill then shut the #%#%*%^$% up.

Be careful though, cause your clean image as a captive breeder is also under attack and they will come for you next, the only snakes you will be able to see if little hitler gets there way will be in a zoo.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  What happened to the standard black gaps - Jay_the_Snake, Wed Aug 24 20:55:25 2011
<< Previous topic:  2011 Dryden clutch - rpelaez, Mon Aug 22 22:28:45 2011