return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: The ultimate onus of responsibility...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ectimaeus at Sat Aug 27 16:20:17 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ectimaeus ]  

You are making an allegation about Texas round-ups that you have NO PROOF, by your own admission. If you can, YOU PROVE IT.

I can tell you without any reservations that I have never seen what you are saying happen. I cannot say is does not, I can only tell you what I have seen and in Texas there is very close oversight of what happens at the round-ups. I do not know where you live and what you have seen. I have never been to any other round-ups in any other state.

Your point is very well taken about the kittens and puppies. Tell me about what happens to "puppy factories" when the authorities find out about them. My point is that the "puppy factories" owners do with their animals what they wish. They sell them to whomever will pay. No concern for the "puppy" after the sale. It is about the $$$$$$ (My whole point). A lot of the "puppy factories" are not very well kept. They kill puppies that do not look right and are not worth the trouble to raise and cannot sell. When the authorities find out, we hear about it in the news. Now, tell me that you have not heard the EXACT same stories about some Herp captive breeders. I personally know some that have put alterna in the freezer because the bottom fell out of the market, they were ugly, they bred to many to sell and could not take care of them because they could not get lizards to feed. What about the multitude of bearded dragons, various chamleons, and too many others to mention.

The hypocricy thing is that some people want to rant and rave about taking rattlesnakes out of the wild because of the cruelties put on the rattlesnake and then turn around and say that a captive bred animal has no rights because they bred them and they can do with them what they want. Some say that no Herp should be taken from the wild because there is a "sustainable" population in the breeder community. Two things about that, 1. if none were taken from wild, NO BREEDERS. 2. If I were a big breeder, I would start a rant and rave about raping the environment and get any law passed or raise the eyebrow of every tree hugger in the country to not be able to catch a wild Herp, which by the way would help my business ($$$$$$$).

As John Wayne once said "I don't know how to explain it better than that".

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereRE: The ultimate onus of responsibility... - ectimaeus, Sat Aug 27 16:20:17 2011

>> Next topic:  Nice Blairs - alterna1, Sat Aug 27 17:57:23 2011
<< Previous topic:  What happened to the standard black gaps - Jay_the_Snake, Wed Aug 24 20:55:25 2011