return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: New Beardie tank/Lighting-

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: apalagruto at Tue Sep 6 07:47:38 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by apalagruto ]  

I agree with the previous post for the most art. I just want to add what I did with my own tank. As far as heat escaping from the screen top... I was worried about that too... but I was also worried about it getting too hot inside since I do not have central A/C and the temp in my house changes depending on time of day and who is home or at work. We just have A/Cs in the windows. I have a flourescent bulb fixure on top of the screen and also two domes... one with a bulb and one ceramic heat emitter for night time. The thing I do is use a board that fits on top of the screen top. It's maybe 1/3 of he length of he top. That way I can use one heat bulb/dome but when the A/C is on and it is a bit cooler in the house and I cover part of the screen with the little board and the inside of the tank will go up a little bit. When my son got our first beardie a long time ago the first bulb we got was a little too weak and since we couldn't get to the store for a few days I put a big book on top of half the tank and it helped raise the temp in the tank. That was a long time ago but I have been using small boards off and on my tanks ever since then when I want to warm up the tank a few degrees. It's more economical that having two different bulbs with different wattages for every tank. This works great for me in the summer since the temp in my house is not constant at that time of year.
-----
Anne
East Coast Reptile Supply
www.eastcoastreptile.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: New Beardie tank/Lighting- - PHLdyPayne, Fri Sep 2 14:58:12 2011