return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Turtle Dock  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mealworms, Crickets, Dubia, More...
Available Now at New York Worms!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  MAHS Fox Valley Meeting - Sept. 20, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiDay Daphne - Sept. 21, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon New Port Richey - Sept. 21-22, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Baltimore - Sept. 21-22, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herpetolocial Society Meeting - Sept. 21, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept. 25, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Amph. and Reptile Society Meeti - Sept. 27, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept. 28, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Roanoke - Sept. 28-29, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Macon - Sept. 28-29, 2019 . . . . . . . . . . 

full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for The Bean Farm
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Pure insanity...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Calparsoni at Fri Sep 9 12:42:43 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Calparsoni ]  

I once saw a picture of a boa constrictor (not sure of the subspecies as I have really only worked with hoggs and argentines and never really got into the rest of them or the color morph thing.) that was being held by several people. It was easily in the 14 to 15 foot range. I can remember first looking at the picture and thinking it was an unusually patterned burm. Then I realized it was a boa. As I said I am not sure of the subspecies but I want to say it was a surinam or a guyanan but it was while ago. Dennis Sargeant who is with the CFHS has that photo. If you see him at a show perhaps you can ask him about it. You could also ask Tom Crutchfield as from what I understand the snake belonged to him.
That said it is unlikely to see one that large and as we know due to size dimorphism in boids, if the snake is a male it will never get that large. Personally I think the whole thing is crap and in this day and age our limited tax resources can be better utilized. If this is all the local dog catcher has to do then perhaps they need to s-can him and spend the money used for his salary for other areas of law enforcement. Like prosecuting murders, rapists pedophiles, armed robbers and identity thieves as all of those people pose a REAL threat to our rights to life liberty and property. Not someone's pet snake.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Pure insanity... - Aaron, Wed Sep 14 03:50:31 2011

<< Previous Message:  RE: Pure insanity... - EricWI, Thu Sep 8 17:39:19 2011