return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Tazumal is home!!!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Iguanas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Really at Sat Sep 17 16:37:18 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Really ]  

First the very good news! Tazumal is home safe and sound! The neighbor three houses down came down to tell us he was on the trunk of her tree. Mike and I were at the vet with Arwen and so my daughter, Elizabeth went down to try to find him. She came back home when it started to rain, but by the time Mike and I came home it was about to stop. I grabbed the binoculars and went down the street. With the rain and increased humidity he was brilliantly blue and it took me all of two minutes to find him among the mulberry leaves. My friend Jill, who works with wild iguanas came over with a noose. She climbed up a tall ladder and noosed him and we got him safely down. He looks no worse for his adventure and actually looks like he grew. He'll have to spend the few days in a 15 gallon tank since I am not putting him back in his cage and so I have to try to buy something to contain him until we build his permanent enclosure.

As I mentioned, we were back at the went back to the vet with Arwen this morning. She didn't gain any weight but she didn't lose any either. The vet said he's not giving up on her yet and gave her a new antibiotic so I'll be doing Fortaz injections every three days. He still doesn't think it is CANV, so that is good. He got a really good scraping and there is no sign of fungus, though there is still bacteria. I am still very very worried about her but we got one miracle with Taz so maybe we'll get another miracle with Arwen!

Taz is not at all happy to be caught. He gained two tenths of an inch and he quite chubby so he is definitely no worse for wear. He has to stay in a 15 gallon tank for the next few days until I can figure out what to use for an escape proof temporary cage until his full size enclosure is ready.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Tazumal is home!!!!! - Lokii, Sat Sep 17 23:55:30 2011