return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

that republican led legislature.........

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Calparsoni at Sun Oct 2 21:30:07 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Calparsoni ]  

.....voted unanimously to ban our right to keep any of the species on the ROC list. If we had not been grandfathered in with animals we already had. As it stands now it would be easier for me to get a permit to own whatever venomous snake I wanted should I want one (with the proper training and caging of course.)...which I don't fyi, than it would be for me to legally own a burmese python or a retic or a nile monitor. In the past I owned two of those three species.
They have done little to address one of the major problems of the introduction of non-native reptiles which is careless practices by some importers. I have in fact seen price lists from some of those very same importers carrying animals I cannot own with no problem at all as long as they sell them out of state.
I don't believe the state should have done nothing but they reacted in a knee-jerk fashion and most likely have done more to drive keeping of rocs underground here in fl. It is about a 4 hour drive to the georgia border from the Orlando area where I live and any idiot who really wants a burm just to be cool can make the drive. Not to mention all the traffic between fl. to the northeast with many states in between where it is perfectly legal to buy them. (gee...I wonder where they get the fireworks..duh), I certainly hope for their sake when joe redneck's col snake gets too big for him he turns it in at one of their "amnesty days" (which seemed to have disappeared lately) then turn it loose in the glades. For the record I am now a libertarian (always was at heart) in spite of the protests of my multi-generational republican party. worse than that (nothing bad about the libertarian part) for the first ime in my life I voted for a democrat for my district for both the state assembly and for the state senate as no other candidates ran against the incumbent republicans. I hated that worse than my family (including my wife)but I'll be DAMNED if I'll ever vote in one of those bastards again.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Assault with Snake Feces *Disgusting* - EricWI, Mon Oct 3 13:45:34 2011
<< Previous topic:  It is not just about Reptiles: - wireptile, Mon Sep 26 17:34:33 2011