return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

SICK WATER DRAGON PLEASE HELP!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Water Dragons & Basilisks ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: AmberJade at Mon Oct 17 11:34:23 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by AmberJade ]  

Hello all

I have owned my Chinese water dragon for around 4 and a half years, exactly 12 days ago he stopped eating completely no greens no meat food IE crickets worms fuzzes anything and WILL not accept of even consider anything. Day six i took him into our exotic vet and and he ran a ultrasound on him and also a blood test iam still waiting on the blood test he then told me that he is not lethargic and at this point there is nothing to worry about. He is BLOATED and has a slight hard spot below his rib cage and in front of his hind legs. ( i believe he is impacted he has not had a bowel movement in 12 days and maybe even more) we have been giving him warm bath about 4 inches of water and two cap full of mineral oil and plenty of tummy massages ( which the vet did once as well ) On that not i have never seen him react the way he is now, His name is spaz for a reason and the fella i had bathing him yesterday could turn him right on his back in his palm this is for sure the most unusual thing ever he is almost like in a state of sleep when he is in the tub eyes closed and just basically limp to a degree. we have cleaned his 72 quart water bowl out to see if there was and bowl movements and also there was one white sack about the size of three coffee beans??

iam having trouble getting pics up

he has three different parches in his cage the hottest being 97f , the middle being 90-92 f and the coolest being 87 f

he has a 10 UV bulb which he can get anywhere from 12 inches to 4 inches away all bulbs have been changes out just last month in the water tub there is a heater and a water fall and also a air bubbler

his cage dimension’s are 4’ x 3’ x 4’

can anyone please advise what to do or if anyone has experienced this first hand and has any info please help me out he was my first of many reptiles i want to make sure he has every chance possible

if someone can help me post would be awesome good

ty

p.s. we have tried taking him to the vet and he said he didnt know what was wrong. I have more faith in our knowledge, than that of one person!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]