return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: new savannah monitor.. prolapse?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ree at Fri Oct 28 08:16:00 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ree ]  

Hi Frank,

Thanks very much for that.

I never did see it again, only once w/ the baby tortoise. And come to think, Mike did try to push it back in. Ironically, the smoothness and lubrication of the neosporin helped him do that. So maybe that's all it was good for. I want to say we cleaned the area too.. but I don't remember well enough.

I find it very interesting to learn that varanids do not process the petroleum antibiotics. I love to learn information like that.

Many many years ago we had an older baby bearded dragon that had an arm injury. Unfortunately, one of its cagemates bit its arm. It seems baby bearded dragons get a bad rep for this.. but if we were to have applied the same husbandry we've learned- I'm not sure we would have seen that so much. The interesting thing is- his arm looked pretty bad.. Up to a certain point it was dying: it turned hard and black. This all happened rather quickly. I started applying neosporin just for the try and was amazed. His arm regenerated itself. It literally went from hard and black to normal regular skin.

Thanks again ,

Mary

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: new savannah monitor.. prolapse? - FR, Thu Oct 27 14:16:18 2011