return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: It's been slow here.. Prasinus pic

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Chad_ProExotics at Wed Nov 2 09:17:02 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Chad_ProExotics ]  

Hey! I'll try to get some pictures posted here soon, but I thought I would take some time and update folks on our Prasinus groups and breedings.

Sorry we haven't posted more info here, but with our fire and trying to recover from that (clean up, insurance, fire inspectors, the mental part of holy crap what just happened to us!) I just haven't had the time

We hatched another clutch of four eggs (five were laid, one went bad about a week into incubation) about three weeks ago. All four are doing great, feeding and being super awesome and cute as all Prasinus babies are. We have two more clutches cooking and so far all those eggs look great. All four clutches (the two that hatched and the two that are cooking) were from the same group of 1.2. We do have other groups and some of those females are gravid as well. We had a female go down to nest a week or so ago and she come back up skinny so I assume she absorbed those follicles.

All the groups are set up the same. The cages is 5 ft wide, 2 ft deep and 4 ft high. There are 3 45 watt bulbs which provide the hot spots and the room temps are around 78-80. There are branches and cork bark for them to bask on and hide in. We use a sand and coco bark mix for nesting. It holds burrows well and at least one of our groups likes it as a nesting spot. When I get good eggs from the other groups, I'll feel much better about our nesting mix and call it a success. Until then, I just say, it "seems" to work as a nesting material. They are fed a mix of crickets, roaches and mice parts (for the younger smaller ones) and hopper mice (for the adults). Lights are on a 12/12 cycle. The groups seem to be completely socialized, as we can move males or females around without stress or fighting. They all share the food, basking spots and hide spots.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Which monitors - rrubberbandman, Wed Nov 2 19:22:59 2011
<< Previous topic:  Nile Monitor feeding - omrisim1, Thu Oct 27 05:20:28 2011