return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Parentage Question Kenyans

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Sand Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Saracen at Fri Nov 4 03:41:51 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Saracen ]  

Hi Mark,

I bought the Albino male as an 08 and het Anery,the female is an 09 with no known hets. It was indeed the females first litter.

The rack is just a basic rack with belly heat in the form of heat mats controlled by a pulse proportional thermostat, the hot spot was 95 degrees. The female was indeed on the bottom of the rack getting me to assume she may have been a degee or so cooler.

Two other het Anery produced a litter each without any slugs or still borns on the same rack. it was their first litter also, they produced the following;

Litter 1 ....15 neonates....4 Anery....11 66% het Anery
Litter 2.....12 neonates....7 Anery.....5 66% hey Anerys

I suspected the male was not viable as two other females he was with failed to produce. His weight at mating was 54 grms and an 09.
The females weight at mating was 565 grms.

As I am not well up on the genetic side of things could you tell from this information what hets the Sire and Dam are.

Can I assume that the neonates are both het for Albino and Snow and also Anery?

Thanks for your imput Mark, this is a learning curve for me as it is my first time breeding Sand Boas.As a matter of interest what temps on the belly heat do you keep the neonates,mine are around 95 degrees at present. A few have fed but many have not hoever I am not using live.

Regards

John UK

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Nuclear Meltdown to normal - joshj, Thu Nov 10 16:56:38 2011
<< Previous topic:  Photos of "Wild Type" Kenyans - sstephenson, Tue Nov 1 13:02:22 2011