return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Cali. King or Milksnake? Cage Size?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Snakes - What Kind? ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Bro_1 at Wed Nov 9 19:56:33 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Bro_1 ]  

Thank you for answering!

I don't have a thermo-pointer! But I'm going to order one when I get paid next week!
I've been using the cheap plastic circle thermometers. I have a Flucker's(?) Heat Lamp with a 100w Repti Basking Spot bulb that I turn 3/4s of a way up in the morning. The temperature on the side with the lamp is around 70s, but that is where the black circle thermometer is at! (Bro likes to knock it off the wall) On the other side I use a Zoo Med 8" x 12" heat mat! But I don't have the extension which allows me to control its temperature, so I think it says it will run at 20* above room temp. I need to order that when I get paid too. D: The cage humidity is what I'm having the hardest time trying to keep the same, ranging from 30-70. I try to keep it around 50. (at least that is what the circle temp. says it is at)
One of my questions was going to be will I need to order a night-time blub? I was using a red light at night, but it burnt out after two days. Now I just turn his light off at night. The temp stays around 60* when I do . . . Where the thermometer is at least . . .
I checked the ground on top of the heat mat with the little plastic thermometer by just lying it there. It says it's pretty hot. 84 on the surface of the aspen.
I was going to ask about feeding. When should I feed Bro? I got Bro on the 25th of Oct. and I fed it a live mouse on the 27th. (prev. owner said Bro hadn't eaten since late Sept.) Then I fed Bro on the 2nd (6 days latter) cause I thought Bro would be pretty hungry, but I used a thawed out mouse this time instead of a live one. Also fed bro a thawed one today to. (7 days latter) Should I feed Bro every 7 days?
Bro has eaten every mouse I've fed, and I've never found any regurgitated ones. Though I have found lots of poop. xD Bro didn't eat the first one/live one for a good bit(I actually tried to feed Bro on the 26th, but I also cleaned Bros cage right before that, so I think Bro was freaked out.)
I was also wondering how I

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Cali. King or Milksnake? Cage Size? - Bro_1, Wed Nov 9 20:00:02 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: Cali. King or Milksnake? Cage Size? - DMong, Wed Nov 9 23:26:06 2011

<< Previous Message:  RE: Cali. King or Milksnake? Cage Size? - DMong, Wed Nov 9 16:45:48 2011