return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Caught My Leos Mating - Have Questions

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Leopard Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: TBL at Fri Dec 2 17:28:58 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by TBL ]  

Hi, I will do the best that I can for you.

Make sure that your female stays above fifty, exspecially when pregnant. Yours sounds okay, but don't go below.

The gestational period is between (two to five weeks). Yes, they can produce past what is pro-claimed as far as breeding season, I have seen it. They can still be fertile. A female can re-tain some of the males sperm from the lasting breeding and have eggs again, but it is best to re-introduce them to each other about every other time.

Breeders will breed females usually from like one month to an ending month, and then let the female have a few months off to rest and let her system have a rest. Usually during a geckos normal breeding time.

Go to "Albey's Too Cool Repiles" page, of which they advertise on kingsnake under the businesses section home. When you get there go to the title that says (care) and it will give you step by step instructions on the best way to incubate. Also, go to there (features) title and it will show the birth of a gecko.

By reading how they incubate, you can take info. from there to make a whole made incubator if you don't want to put the money out for one of those styrofoam ones.

If you keep the temperature at 85 degrees for a week, you will come out with mixed sexe's. If you keep the heat in the high seventies for a week then you will get females. If you keep the heat at 90 degrees for a week, then you will have all males, I would say the week being 5 days. After that week, then you will need to put the temp. at a more nuteral temperature for the rest of the incubation period, so they aren't too cool or to hot. For example - if you left the temp. for male on 90 degrees past that week and for the rest of the incubation period, then you would wined up roasting the embrios. When done with sexing, then put the temp. done to about 80 degrees for the rest of the time.

Take the information as you will, good luck.

p.s. If this is her first time getting pregnant in her life, then it is said that sometimes the first clutch may not be viable, but still incubate to be safe and or candle the egg.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Caught My Leos Mating - Have Questions - bruinbob, Fri Nov 25 17:24:10 2011