return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

4x4 Vivarium

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cage & Habitat Design ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: CactusChris at Fri Dec 9 22:33:43 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by CactusChris ]  

Hello all! I just typed this huge thing out, very detailed and everything, and it didn't go through when my computer screwed up, so i'm just going to do a short version now before i explode.

I have a 4x4 Grow tent, under a 600w HPS ducted lamp, with one fan on a 3 tiered shelf type thing, and a ton of plants in there (spent a few years in the service autodidacting, now in college for biology for that official learnin'). I plan on getting at least one rather large rubermaid type container, and turning into a kind of, flooded jungle pond or something, maybe a waterfall or something? idk....It will have some vegetation above it, so the Phyllomedusa Bicolor can hang out there, with some artificial vines leading to other good spots. On the floor, the potted plants will have cheezecloth staked to close the small spaces between the crowded pots, and topped with an undetermined substrate, prob a coco mix.

the container will have a ramp leading up to the "jungle floor", where hopefully i can find some bufo's to attempt and breed, wich i've read up on, as well as care for both these species.

I also plan on have 2-4 kritter keepers to have cultures of different food for them, and a few minnows in the "pond" to maybe make both species think there would be ample food for thier offspring.

Anyway, i would like everyone's thoughtful opinions,, but let it be known i have no intention of "milking" either species. Bicolors won't be active captive, and ew on the bufo's, not to mention i'm not sure how moral it is to do that ya dig? so lets drop that talk here please.

I really would just like to successfully breed both, in the same vivarium, and i have the space, and environmental controls to do so, so lets have some fun!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]