return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Leo total newbie

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Leopard Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: TBL at Tue Dec 27 13:58:26 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by TBL ]  

Hi Danny

Tank, I use a ten gallon for one gecko and a twenty long tank for three geckos, as I have found out that it works good. You will need an under the tank heat source in the warm end of the tank that covers half of the bottom of the tank, while leaving the other end cool, so that they can thermoregulate there own body temperature. Too hot, they can go to the cool end, too cool they can go to the warm end of the tank. I forgot the name of the under tank mat, but the box is will be the same size as the mat. The mat will be clear with heat stripes in it, other wise clear in color.

You said that you want to get some light for displaying them, that won't bother them. You can get a black light or red one. You will also need to get a UVB bulb to have on in the day time, too help them process the calcium in there body's and two also help there internal clock to know when it is daylight and night time. I thought that lighting from the window was good enough, but the vet. said they still need it. Aside from really needing a UVB light.

continued next reply

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Leo total newbie - dtejeda_Arias, Sun Dec 25 23:46:16 2011