return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Uh oh...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rat Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DMong at Mon Jan 2 12:00:26 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DMong ]  

I think feeding it again after only 4 days is still VERY much pressing the snake's digestive system Brad. It would be great to visually see exactly what size these meals are right next to your snake as opposed to just the gram weight of these meals, but I think the snake is FAR better off with not taxing it's stomach seeing how much and how often it can eat. This probably brought you right back to square one.

The snake has more than enough robust body weight from what I remember seeing, and keeping it from regurging more and going backwards with more declining issues are far more important than seeing how much it can eat again.

Without actually seeing the size of these meals you are offering compared directly next to the snake, it is hard for me to visualize if they are too much. But SMALL meals not as often are paramount until you absolutely know it is keeping them down for a good while.

Maybe you should dose it again one or two more times and don't feed it AT ALL as before until a good 10 to 14 days after the last treatment. At this point, the snake is better off not being fed ANYTHING than risking more gurges. It has plenty of body weight to afford this. What it CANNOT afford, is it's intestinal tract being taxed more. I know I whenever I needed to use the medication, I made damn sure the meals were so small it wouldn't jeopardize going right back to where it was before, and one small meal to keep the length of the meal shorter in it's stomach would seem much safer and easier to digest.

~Doug
-----
"a snake in the grass is a GOOD thing"

serpentinespecialties.webs.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Uh oh... - monklet, Mon Jan 2 22:44:14 2012

<< Previous Message:  Uh oh... - monklet, Mon Jan 2 10:46:15 2012