return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: Leash walking...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: varanusaurus at Mon Jan 2 13:11:56 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by varanusaurus ]  

The vast majority of reptile "enthusiasts" are completely unable to take constructive criticisms objectively. Instead, they tend to take it like a child would, and fire back with utter nonsense. It's as if these types refuse to step out of this normative comfort zone of horrible reptile keeping, and when that reaction is couple with feelings of responsibility... lol Whoa. This sort of human behavior is actually very interesting to me, but because I am passionate about varanids, it just pisses me off to no end... And that is precisely the reason why I no longer comment on the torturous captive settings in which so many people keep their herps. If I had commented on every detestable YouTube vid exhibiting said conditions, I'd certainly have had a stroke by now.

Before you reply, I want you to know that I am NOT saying you are one of these people, nor am I trying to insult you. I'm just saying why I (and I'm sure many others) ignored your thread when I first saw it. And if you need to know, that enclosure is probably insufficient. I'm really sorry that you're extremely proud of it and all, but it is what it is. The first thing I noticed is that it can't even house the necessary depth of substrate, thus, right off the bat, it is a bad cage... I think maybe you should do some more research, but mostly think more about your lizard than you and your lizard's relationship.

This is more or less the thing; No one cares about your cage -- we only care about what your lizard is able to do with the cage.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Now I'm curious.... - dekaybrown, Mon Jan 2 13:32:14 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Leash walking... - murrindindi, Mon Jan 2 14:01:37 2012

<< Previous Message:  Leash walking... - dekaybrown, Mon Jan 2 11:40:50 2012