return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: King Snake Enclosure input/advice

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Snakes - General Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: davidcyborg at Fri Jan 13 18:41:39 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by davidcyborg ]  

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm gonna have to think about the flexiwatt a bit more since the holes are now at the bottom of the tank and if I cover them with plastic caps they might get in the way and overheat/melt. So might need to cut out wood discs to fill in where the UTH goes.

I think I might have found a good light setup that can use my side holes, have it vertical and covered by a jar. LINK

A lot of tinkering and planning to just get the design right without being wasteful, my wife wouldn't be too happy about me being wasteful.

After that has been nailed down then will order my flexiwatt items since I might need to do a bulk order cause I have another project slowing coming together to build a rack of maybe 4-5 maybe 6 10 gal tanks using the Front Opening Aquarium design. What I've noticed is that it actually increases the foot print from 2sq ft to about 2.4sq ft.

I know at least two will have a Rosy Boa and a Thayeri King variety. Any others that you know of that would do well in a modified 10 gal tank environment? If you have any input/insights about the Rosys and Thayeris i'd welcome it.

My son would love these set ups and cool thing it gives him an up close view and ability to study/understand these beautiful creatures. I am also having a couple of modified 10 gallons out in the garage for him to use as a part of his "catch and release" program of garter/ribbon/rat/worm snakes and keep it separate from our house pets.

David

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: King Snake Enclosure input/advice - markg, Fri Jan 13 16:05:52 2012