return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: Gregg

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Wed Jan 18 10:35:27 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

STop it Gregg, I could careless what you have done, you have already acted in such a weird way. Pretending or whatever your helping John is.

Sir there is a difference between owning and being a helper.

ALso, I do not know what you have done, because nothing you have done has EVER been reported on here or other forums or magazines, etc. Simply put, you do not register, at all. And you did not put the real cards on the table. You act as if ITS ALL ABOUT YOU.

You have not done anything for this hobby. That I can be aware of or am aware of, Have you?

Sim incubators, I am sorry I cannot get into that. The reason is simple, I have been successfully incubating varanid eggs since 1991 continiously. I have had monitor eggs in the incubator, each day, every month, shy of one month since then. So I ask you, if you were me, would you get all excited about those containers? Oh and I/and millions of others, have been hatching all manner of amniote eggs for a very long time.

You made a commerical product, good on you. But its not needed in the least. I hope its good and has a value and you make some money.

The problem is, your approach is sad, considering the whole of readership here. I hope it works for you, you know that nesting thing. But sadly my bet is, John and you have had tons of problems nesting larger varanids. So what your talking about is THEORY. Tell me if I am wrong. The only way I could know better is you or John tell me.

If you were half as smart as you want us to believe, you would have waited until you had success, then posted your stuff. At least then WE could debate success to success.

Can nest boxes work, yes, In the several thousand successful nestings I have had, I have had a few dozen successful nest box events. So what should I tell others, the nest box events, which also had many many dozen failures, or the repeated generation after generation, of many many species, whole cage nestings? I ask you, what should I tell folks?? This is a good and real question, what should I promote, what has a better chance of working or what has a limited chance of working? Answer this Gregg.

Gregg, it would be stupid and WRONG of me to advise folks to follow a method with limited success.

The larger the area for medium sized varanids, the greater the success. Its that simple. The problem is and will be SPACE for larger varanids.

You see, a cage is a BOX. fill it with suitable material and its a nest box. A little box(your nestbox) within that box is highly restrictive and has to be perfect as in just right, no room for error. The whole cage has room for error on the keepers part. So what do you want, a limited chance of success, if all things are perfect, or a method where theres lots of ROOM for error? answer this too.

The point is, if you are so frogging smart and figure out exactly what those Savs need in a small box, good on you.

Do you think we are all as smart as you???? the cool part is, I do not have to be as smart as you. I can be dumb and still kick your arse with repeated success. I would do so, by letting the monitor use ITS SMARTS.

So please sir, come back after you produce some generations, not challange me before you do anything. Guezzzzzz how common sense is that.

That you challange known success with theory, makes you one very egotistical person.

Could you post a pic of varanids You owned and produced, all by yourself, without John holding your hand or telling you what to do.

The picture is a little sample of what hatched here in one day

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Gregg - Gregg_M_Madden, Thu Jan 19 07:39:47 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Frank. - Gregg_M_Madden, Wed Jan 18 07:46:51 2012