return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Classic Divide and Conquer

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Hugh_Jass at Thu Jan 26 15:30:17 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Hugh_Jass ]  

Aaron_Houts said:

Please give us some Action Items as to how you think we should proceed.

I thought I was pretty clear, so here it is in list form:

(A) Fire the leadership of USARK
(B) Don't sue FWS for the burmese python
(C) Hire new leadership for the industry
(D) Stop insulting opposition
(E) Start trying to save the boa constrictor
(F) Forget all the remaining anacondas too

For gosh sakes, why sue for the burm? Burms got all the press.

This is a political dead end. Burms are going to get banned at the state level in 40% of the states in 10 years or less. The federal listing is meaningless when they are banned at the state level.

Bookmark this post to see if I am correct in 2022.

FWIW; my attorney buddy indicates that the way to beat this back is to force it into a "states rights" issue. If a state, say Pennsylvania, would like to have burmese python commerce then a federal ban hurts commerce in that state. Change burmese to Boa and now you have an argument for states rights.

No way in he|| burms are going to get saved. Too much money in banning them, protecting native wildlife, studying them as invasive and all the rest. It is a political winner as NO politician no matter which side of the aisle wants his constituents harmed by a giant tropical state. Makes them look good politically to ban them. Political self interest will win everytime.

Look at it this way, they all but buried the tobacco industry in the USA. Compared to smokes; herps are nothing. They will bury herps if they choose to. Insulting them just makes it easier, and perhaps more satisfying the them.

Now is the time to begin work on getting the boa constrictor off the table. Aaron Houts you should be first in line to get this ball rolling. I am certain your business needs you to. Beautiful snake you got there.

Would love to see more images.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Classic Divide and Conquer - Aaron_Houts, Thu Jan 26 15:44:58 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Classic Divide and Conquer - mygala, Thu Jan 26 22:45:09 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Classic Divide and Conquer - Aaron_Houts, Thu Jan 26 14:50:21 2012