return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: Gregg M

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Mon Jan 23 22:28:39 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Hi Gregg, heres the point, you refuse to carry on a conversation. I ask questions and you ignore them and go on and on about assuming this and that.

There is not need to assume if you would only answer the questions.

If you actually answered the questions, then we could actually get somewhere with the discussion.

The whole Next box vs, whole cage nesting question can be answered if you would repond and post your results.

You said, While some things like nest boxes have not worked well for you, they have worked well for me.

That is a meaningless statement you made up. My results with nest boxes most likely matches yours, but are not equal to whole cage nesting.

With whole cage nesting, we have had the same animals you(john) work with, lay eggs successfully that hatch, every two weeks, for nearly three months. have you see that with nest boxes. If not, they are not equal to or as good. Do you see what I mean.

You are stuck in a work or don't work paradign. Where I am in a range of what works, you know, works, works better, even better then that, and whats superior.

Also whole cage nesting works in a far wider range of conditions. Nest boxes, have to be exactly right or they don't work.

So with that last paragraph in mind, When I give advice to newbies, I recomend a method with the broadest range of success. Not a method where the newbie has to already be experienced and get it exactly right.

now if I have a hypo or albino varanid, I would not use the method that had the highest chance of failure. I would use that has the greatest percentage of success. And thats what I told you.

If you actually had your own reproductive experience, you would know that you can fail using any method. So its more about hedging your bets.

By the way you say things, it appears like you really do not have THIS Type of experience. So without any other proof, thats all I/we have to go by.

Then you come up with MONITORS DO NOT HAVE TO REPRODUCE thing, which we have heard a million times by those that fail.

I have said it like this. If you kept your dog or cat in such conditions that it physically could not reproduce, you would be arrested. Well thats what most people do with there monitors.

Again, its my experience and many others that you do not have to do anything other then have healthy monitors. If they are healthy, they will lay eggs. If they are not, they will not.

of course if you only kept males, then there is not way to gauge that.

You keep saying you have experience, in this post, you said you have more then we think. Well sir, you do not act like you do. And you have not posted any pics of this success. So as far as we know, you have no successful experience.

So please prove me wrong. I love to be wrong. Thanks

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Oh Frank, you charmer you - robyn@ProExotics, Tue Jan 24 01:43:09 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Gregg M - Gregg_M_Madden, Mon Jan 23 19:45:44 2012