return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

I believe it's time for change - Part 1

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: zonatahunt at Mon Feb 27 01:52:48 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by zonatahunt ]  

Cindy,

As the moderator of this forum, I expect, as well as I'm sure everyone else does, that you maintain the highest standard and integrity when handling posts that Kingsnake.com might deem problematic. Over the years I've seen you intervene on countless occasions. Most of the time I find your handling of the situation to be fair and without bias. However, with respect to this situation, and others that have involved one common element, I feel as though you are demonstrating an inordinate and shameless amount of bias towards one party, or have lost sight of the importance and influence these threads have on the herpetological and herp hobbyist communities.

You have given us your blessing to discuss the biology of the disease/syndrome, it's effect on our colonies, and it's resulting psychological effect on each keeper having to deal with it, but you have banned outright any discussion of the source of an outbreak. Please, keep in mind, that if I reference a 'breeder' from this point on it is not the one 'who shall not be named', but instead a hypothetical cog to a critical point that I'm hoping will not fall on your deaf ears. As you and everyone else knows, from either personal experience or through word-of-mouth, that disease can decimate years of our blood, sweat and tears in a matter of days or weeks, by killing most if not all of our collection. If you get a bad case of cryptosporidium you can lose almost every individual in your collection. When these events occur, the first thing we do is damage control, but then we try to find out why it might have happened and where it originated from. The same formula is used by doctors worldwide, and most importantly by the WHO (World Health Organization). If an outbreak of ebola or smallpox were to ever occur in a first-, second-, or third-world country, not only would they identify the outbreak, isolate the infected, and try to control the spread of the virus, but they would absolutely attempt to....

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I believe it's time for change - 2 - zonatahunt, Mon Feb 27 02:05:18 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Dear Cindy - PHFaust, Sun Feb 26 17:14:20 2012