return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: here is where it belongs, hahahaha

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Thu Feb 9 11:06:57 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

How can you say that without data, how old is his female, you do remember, I was on F3 by the time Crocdoc started.

So how do you know how long at least one of my females produced for.

I will also add something here, we are not apples to apples, Crocdoc lives exactly where lacies occur. Which means his overall conditions are exactly what those animals were designed for.

For me, its not nesting that ages some monitors, its heat and extreme cold(10F last winer), I wonder why theres no lacies in marble bar? I am not making excuses, but a big part of our husbandry is based on HEAT and COLD, as in to much of it.

I may be easy, but I am very happy with our results considering. Again, how easy would it be to keep a lizard in a box, that occurs in my yard?

One of the reasons I did not keep indos for so long was, HEAT, as in we could not logically keep the building cool enough, we had to many monitors, with means to many heat lamps and all with outside temps over 100F. As it is, I pay about $400 per month of the lizards electricity.

But back to the subject, how long did my a female produce for me?????

Also, in my opinion, and experience, all females when kept healthy, will end of dying from reproductive complications. That seems to be how they pass without predation.

Lastly, I know I have an odd perception of reptile life. It comes from living with reptiles here in Az.

TAke a tort. they can live for decades, say 50 years. Yet they are only active 30 days a year or so. So is staying in a burrow with a low metabolism waiting or suitable conditions, LIVING? Not exactly, its waiting to live.

This is going to sound even funnier, and I can be funny, but what the heck do you think they are thinking about in a burrow for years at a time?????

When they come out, they are thermo regulating, seeking food, mates, nests, going here and there etc. They are living, but back to that burrow for very extended periods, hahahahgahahahaha?????????

I think we humans confuse longevity with living. Reptiles are not mammals, yes??

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: here is where it belongs, hahahaha - Gregg_M_Madden, Thu Feb 9 19:05:28 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: here is where it belongs, hahahaha - murrindindi, Wed Feb 8 17:17:44 2012