return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

Two Crazy kids

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Gatorhunter at Sun Feb 12 12:01:16 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Gatorhunter ]  

Dumb KS timed out my first reply so lets try this again.
I was going to stay out of the conversation between Frank (FR) and Dave (Crocdoc) because I have respect for both of you and really have no business commenting on again against either of you due to my limited success. Dave has always been there for me on the forums and at the same time I have always looked here and v.net to see what Frank had going on. Staying open minded leads to new ideas, improvements, etc. More then one way to skin a cat or so they say.
You both offer sound advice to novice and advanced keepers. You both say whole foods and proper setup is key to success. You both measure success through your monitors/goannas life events and health. You both agree that true success is getting the monitor to conditions that females can nest, lay eggs, hatch eggs, recover and be in health to do it again. You both are in it for monitors and not for others and their feelings. Dave is generally more clear cut and to the point. Frank makes you think for yourself and says this is what I do. You both are old dinosaurs compared to a young pup like me
Im not sure why we are stuck on this termite mound discussion. You both know it is the conditions inside an active mound that makes it suitable for nesting. Regardless whether it is a termite mound, rotting log, or whatever that if a female finds the conditions with stable temps/humidty/ and proper medium that she will lay there. In captivity we should be focusing more on the conditions then whether it is in a nest box, termite mound, dirt on the cage floor etc. Nest boxes have to be more accurate and whole cage offers more choices and you both would agree.
Frank and Dave on the same forum discussing and offering different points of views is exactly what the hobby needs to move forward. Of coarse Justin aka Krusty is always a good addition. We could call it the big 3. Sorry for mentioning you Justin but you are a big player these days
Lets move on to pics of goblin, love rug conversations (I would love to hear FRs take on how your lace monitors mate on the same rug outside of their enclosure time after time), and move on to discussion of medium/temps you guys use whether it be in a box, ground, hollow log or whatever.
Most importantly I have two ackie heads poking from what I thought were bad eggs :D

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Two Crazy kids - rickalbig, Mon Feb 13 13:31:28 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Nest boxes vs. whole cage nesting, - FR, Sun Feb 12 09:15:23 2012