return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: Then save your time Frank

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jarich at Fri Feb 24 21:31:02 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jarich ]  

Oops, sorry I was off learning from people who have been studying monitors in the wild. Didnt notice your response until now.

First, to the soils issue. You are right, it is about what the monitor chooses. And since Wayne has no monitor, how is it you are able to say what it will chose? Do you magically know the clay content of Wayne's soil? Maybe his exact clay content is what it will love. You cant say anymore than I could. You're not the monitor anymore than I am. What I said was that there is a high level of clay in savannah grasslands, so the comment that other guy made about clay soils being worthless is simply not true.

Since you are quoting monitors in the wild Frank, and their preferences, what is your experience with wild monitors? I know you have raised quite a few in captivity. I also know that you have killed more monitors than I will ever see in a lifetime. As you call them, my friends, the experts, they all have years of field experience with these animals as they should be. That all your experience is with captive animals is not something I see as a positive thing. That none of those experts have killed off as many animals as you is also a trend in the right direction.

In the end, it is you who argue for the sake of arguing Frank. You can see that by the fact that none of the experts in the field of herpetology or varanid studies are still on this forum. They dont bother with you anymore. One by one they have given up on you and left you to be king of BS. They dont debate with you because you never learn anything new; youre always convinced youre right. Instead they go off to study animals in the wild to see if what they think is actually true or not. Thats called the scientific method. You have a theory, then you go test it, then you write an article so that everyone can review both methodology and results. Otherwise its just all conjecture and heresay... like your posts for instance.

By the way, "goofball"? Really? Thats just sad Frank

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Then save your time Frank - sycotickid, Sat Feb 25 18:49:01 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Then save your time Frank - FR, Mon Feb 27 23:48:20 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Then save your time Frank - FR, Fri Feb 24 08:13:54 2012