return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Day 19 and 20

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Corn Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: a153fish at Wed Mar 14 06:36:13 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by a153fish ]  

>>Absolutely beautiful.
>>
>>Thats the nicest cornsnake I have ever seen. I am still somewhat of a novice but that is a Miami phase right?
>>
>>I have heard that their offspring don't always produce the same look. Have you ever bred this one and did you get similar looking babies? Just wondering.

Yes she is a miami phase. She is not exactly a Miami locality, but this line has been line bred to produce the best looking Miami phase look! I'm not sure who started this line, but I know the original breeders I hpurchased turned out to also be het for Amel. I got several albino's from this pair. They have been giving me problems getting them to eat pinks consistently, but that varies from one individual to another also. Most of the babies look pretty good, only a few turn out similar to this one, and a few also turn out with a more dirty gray background. I am calling the ones that look like this girl, "Silver Backs". I have three generations so far, so I hope to refine the line and improve on the eating habbits also. For now I am holding most of the babies untill they are eating well, and are well established before I try to sell them. Below are a few examples of some I have hatched, and sold in the past.

-----
What's wrong with using CAUTION?!?!?!
King Snakes! Who can make a better mouse trap?
Jorge Sierra

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Day 19 and 20 - krfun, Tue Mar 13 17:07:28 2012