return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: PA House bill 1398

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rodneynboalich at Mon May 14 16:05:02 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rodneynboalich ]  

here is my email to steve mcumullen and his response.

Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 10:14 AM
To: McMullen, Steve
Subject: hb1398

Dear Steve Mcmullen.

There has been some confusion here in the state of PA about the bill you helped write and Rep Staback proposed. People within the reptile industry are worried that your bill will ban reptiles and amphibians. I know it does not deal with reptiles and amphibians since its looking to amend title 34 not title 30. With 30 being the title that reptiles and amphibians fall under you bill obviously cant affect them. There is also concern that the bill will prohibit breeding small mammals such as mice and so on. This weekend at a reptile show here in PA there was a petition going around to be sent to senator Alloway to amend your bill to make it clear that reptiles will not be involved in any way. This petition was sent around at the request of the organization UASRK. Could you please address these issues so i may have proof to show they can stop worrying about this bill.

thank you

rodney boalich

and hear is the email he just sent me

Mr. Boalich,

You are correct in your description of the bill and of Title 30 and Title 34.

It cannot be said any simpler than you describe: Title 30 covers reptiles; Title 34 covers animals and birds. Just as no one would ever think of amending Title 7 Banks and Banking to affect Title 43 Labor, no one in the legislature who writes bills for a living would consider amending Title 34 with language that would affect reptiles.

As for the mice, a simple reading of the bill shows that an exception is made for mice. The bill does not affect mice.

I hope this helps. I would be glad to speak to UASRK.

Steve McMullen

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Reptile Law Symposium Sept 28-30 - jeffb, Thu Apr 12 10:36:56 2012
<< Previous topic:  FWS may propose some reptiles for CITES - jeffb, Wed Apr 11 09:30:36 2012