return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Females First Clutch update

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Morelia Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mightymouseec04 at Thu May 10 12:51:24 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mightymouseec04 ]  

I am a little over the half way mark now and I figured I would provide an update to those interested. This is my second season attempting to incubate python eggs and it seems to be going a lot better already. Last year we lost 99% to mold and we got one to go full term but never came out. (It was a sad day) I candles the eggs about 2-3 days after they were laid and figured that about 10-11 were infertile due to no veins showing and the eggs showing a yellowish yolk inside. We left all the eggs in the incubator anyways just in case. About 2 days ago my roommate and I again candled but this time we pulled 10 of the eggs. The ones pulled had begun to collapse/shrivel, mold and when candled showed no veins and were yellowish inside. One egg has clearly begun to mold but still has movement inside and veins. We have cleaned the mold off the egg and lightly added an anti-bacterial spray over the egg to help combat the mold. The egg still has movement within so we are hoping that the shell of the egg is going to hold up against the attack. The temp in the incubator was set to 89 and has a humidity of 88-90%. I have dropped the temp to 87 and checked the material to ensure its not to wet. The material seams fine so we are going to keep an eye on things and hope for the best over the last half of the time. I have read that anti-fungal powers works to help fight mold but haven’t got any yet.
We are also hoping to get a few more eggs from a younger female costal jag sibling in the next week or so.
Thanks,
Anthony

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Carpet Morphs/Mutations - mightymouseec04, Thu May 17 12:52:42 2012
<< Previous topic:  In love (: - Fabrizio13, Sun Apr 8 13:12:24 2012