return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Z disease and me

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Ryan_Sikola at Wed Apr 18 21:27:50 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Ryan_Sikola ]  

Since this topic has flooded this subforum I'll post my history with this horrible cursed condition.

I had a wild caught sierra go through this a few months after she was collected, here are some pictures of her at her worst:

Horrible shed and paralysis of the lower half of her body.

Under some advice, I was under the impression it was stress-induced and to put her in a box with cold moss and I did for a month. When I set her back up into her normal home she would eat a pinky about once a month. I brumated her for four months at 45 degrees hoping when she came out of it her feeding response would return. When she came out she had the same response, eating pinkies infrequently and at this point I'm happy she survived and regained use of her bottom half (a little) and thought she was on her way to full recovery.

This is how she looked at that time:

My friend had a ltc male from the same locale and wanted his to breed to mine. I don't care about legality bull so spare me the legality responses please, I've done allot worse than breed snakes in my time.

Anyways his male bred to my female and ended up with this disease and he euthanized it.
After all that time, mock-recovery, brumation, waking, eating, breeding, she still was diseased and contagious. My friend still holds a grudge against me and probably always will. To me it was a cool animal and a the king of kings, to him it was a family pet and with his family for 7 years so be careful when dealing with zonata.

-----
Pituophis c. annectans
Senticolis t. intermedia
Rhinechis scalaris
Elaphe bairdi
Lampropeltis zonata
Lampropeltis t. campbelli
Lampropeltis m. thayeri

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Where are all the Sentz Hypos - Atrayu, Mon Apr 23 11:15:05 2012
<< Previous topic:  Cannibalism With Agalma - AllanBartlett, Thu Apr 12 19:51:43 2012