return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Suggest me a snake please?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Snakes - General Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: SanadaOkita at Sun May 13 19:31:28 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SanadaOkita ]  

I've been keeping snakes sense for 11, almost 12 years (Got my first ball python for my tenth birthday) I've been bit by a few snakes so far (Almost all being my falt) A hatchling cornsnake bit me a few times when I moved her from her egg box to a tote, she could'nt break my skin and I honestly did'nt know she was biting me. Was bitten by a 3ft ball python while feeding, she didnt wrap me and it'd didnt hurt that much but it did bleed, I've noticed with all snake bites they bleed alot but do little damage lol. I've been bitten by boas rangeing from a hatchling to a 6ft 15lb female (She bit me twice, think she dont like me lol) I've only ever been bit and wraped by smaller snakes, boas under 3ft and it hurt abit but not to bad, both times the 15lb female bit me she grabed me and pulled back, her bite did'nt even phase me (Once on the hand in feeding error and once on the arm while moving her from cage to cage) I would say that boas make good pets, but can be nippy depending on the breeder and handling. Ball pythons are calm for the most part, but as you said can go off feed for no reason. Corn snake bites dont hurt, even when larger and kings bites are about the same (Was once bite by a yearling king). But boas have always been one of my favorites, if you can get a hogg island or a CA like the other poster said, just make sure you get from a good breeder I've never heard of a mean hogg, but I have never owned one ether (Now Mr Kinky) CA I had one, he was sweet as can be, but so were his parents. I'd go for a boa if you can I have a rosy, hes the tamest snake I've ever had, and the oldest Rosy's are awesome and not useally nippy inless WC. SOrry to blab, just trying to be helpfull

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Need a refresher on Rid use... - Southernserpent, Fri May 4 10:04:05 2012
<< Previous topic:  Suggest me a snake please? - trex8692, Sun Apr 29 01:06:25 2012