return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

current PA legislation

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rodneynboalich at Mon May 14 16:08:44 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rodneynboalich ]  

good news for all PA herpers. i spoke with the executive director of the game and fisheries committee yesterday. he told me there is no intention to even bring any of the anti reptile and bills up for a vote. i also spoke with him about the large constrictor ban that will most likely be proposed next year and he said its very unlikely that it will go anywhere as well. as long as we are responsible here in PA we have nothing to worry about, but if a kid gets killed or they start to find a bunch of abandoned reptiles these bills will start to move. i let the director know about the AR groups, which he already knew a lot about them. when i brought up hsus he immediately said about how little they give to animal shelters. but the main reason i talked to him about the AR groups is becasue we have already had two burms found here in PA this year. i told him, i think the burms were most likely released to get bad media attention for the reptile industry here in PA, and we ( the reptile industry) would offer any help we could to try and find out who and where they came from. and we would help in any other cases that may accrue. i think we will be seeing more reptiles released here in PA in the next 6 to 8 months to help push he AR groups agenda. so PA people be on the look out. the main reason these bills here in PA arnt moving is because the fish and boat commission would be the ones enforcing them, and they have opposed all of them. we need to thank them and help them in any way we can. usark and wyatt have contacted some politicians here in PA. ive talked to most of them and let them know usark and wyatt do not represent the PA reptile and amphibian breeders, nor do we support his bmp's. i spoke with senator alloways office yesterday. they informed me that they have called wyatt and let him know that they will not be amending hb1398 as he asked. keep in mind wyatt already knows the bill cant affect reptiles, so i think he had ulterior motives in pushing for an amendment. plus they couldnt do the amendment anyways because it would have been unconstitutional, according to the executive director of the game and fisheries. so everyone needs to thank wyatt for petitioning a PA senator to break the law. way to make the reptile industry look like it has its act together. so at the end of the year if you see wyatt claiming another victory in PA like he did last year you can be sure its a lie and usark had nothing to do with the bills not going anywhere. on a side note. terry wilkins needs your support in ohio. it looks like that bill is going to pass and they will need to take it to court. like usual, usark will not be filing a lawsuit, and the reptile community will be left to fight this battle on their own, even after all the money they have donated to usark over the years. terry is looking for a lawyer right now. if you can help out in any way please do

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Man accused of housing reptiles to leave - EricWI, Sat May 19 10:55:06 2012
<< Previous topic:  An Idea Whose Time Has Come: - wireptile, Tue May 8 20:29:01 2012