return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: TP&W on vest requirements

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tanks at Wed Jun 6 22:40:07 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tanks ]  

Lots of good points, you are right about the wording. I have spent days researching this stuff and have learned more about ANSI , mutco, and OSHA standards than I really needed to know.
I have always read it as 144 as it reads not 288, that is David reading words into the bill that do not exist. I can further substantiate this, law enforcement, crossing guard, highway workers, texdot, usdot and others only require a class 2 vest not a class 3. What jury would see that you out snake hunting off the roadway would need more than someone working in the roadway. Assuming you want to fight it!!!!

I do see this is bad legislation, this has given tp&w many angles to fine you that weren't there before. Prior to this law passing you could be out there and if the tree feel but no one saw it fall did it really fall so to speak. Now regardless whether or not your seen hunting you can be stopped and ticketed for:

1) no stamp
2) stamp not signed
3) no vest
4) vest not right size
5) using your headlights
6) or driving down the road with any reptile products and falil to provide a stamp is guilty as worded. ( I allways have a hook that has never touched a snake, I use it for arrow head hunting)

There is allot of problems with this bill these are only a few, it seems pretty easy to comply but as many of you have seen over the last 20 years it is just more micro managing and a personal agenda for something that was not broke. Time will only tell we're it goes.

Most of you know by my post over the last ten years I only take pics so this stuff doesn't pertain to me and a few others on here, however my beef is its another erosion of rights. I don't want to loose any more freedoms whether I choose to use them or not. I want to protect my freedoms no matter how small they are and this is only a small erosion of them that has occurred in recent years.

I look forward to seeing u all there in sanderson and these can be topics of discussion Friday eve.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Look at this - tanks, Wed Jun 6 23:06:20 2012
<< Previous topic:  2011 Black Gap locality alterna - DISCERN, Sun Jun 3 22:40:13 2012