return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: USARK Legal Action: Lacey Act Listings

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rodneynboalich at Tue Jun 19 11:28:57 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rodneynboalich ]  

i would really like to believe usark this time but i dont think i can with their track record. usark has be pro compromise on the python ban from the beginning. in 09 in an interview wyatt said he was going to try and talk FL senator nelson into only banning the import of burms. usark walk into that fight willing to compromise. in an interview in 11 wyatt was asked what the next step was to fight the python ban and he said people needed to donate for a lawsuit and that usark would be read to take the ban to court. people donated and the ban passed and usark never filed a lawsuit. instead usark asked for $150,000 more to look into a lawsuit. im sure they got some money. dont know how much or what was done with it. now their asking for $250,000 to potentially file a lawsuit. everyone make sure you read with that news letter says.

"These legal maneuvers are not inexpensive, and will be even more costly if it is necessary to file a federal lawsuit. Our goal is to raise $250,000 between now and the end of the year. This is only a start. If we file a lawsuit it could easily require twice that amount. FWS doesn’t think that the Reptile Nation is capable of fielding a serious legal challenge to their arbitrary Lacey Act listing. They don’t think we can raise the money. We have waited until our legal team gave us the word that they felt we have a strong and clear course of action to follow. Now is the time for the Reptile Nation to stand up and take back what is ours!"

usark is plainly stating they are not necessarily file anything if they get the $250,000 and if they do they will need a lot more.

i hate to be so cynical but between usark and pijac fighting and wyatt knowing terry wilkins is in the process of suing the ohio government, i think this is just a stunt to make it look like usark is going on the offensive and really starting to fight.

i hope im wrong and wyatt and usark pull this off and file a lawsuit and over turn the ban.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Couple jailed for girl's python death - EricWI, Thu Jun 21 13:29:43 2012
<< Previous topic:  Oregon law - TOM_CRUTCHFIELD, Fri Jun 15 11:14:31 2012