return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: interesting....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: BrianS. at Sat Aug 25 19:54:04 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BrianS. ]  

My quoted email says it all I suppose, not much more to add to it really. Ric did not tell me exactly where his source animals came from, that was just his answer to my question. And I still trust the info.

One other thing that has led me to at least believe there may be some fact there, I had 2 people this year, inquire about these pyros, and their initial question asked if my albino pyros were the ones that originated in the Santa Rita area. So, that is out there for sure, because I hadn't even responded to them at that point.

In the end, I have still only heard orgin stories that make them pure. I have yet to hear anyone mention that they crossed them, or knew who did, to create the albino. Despite plenty of people arguing it, I haven't heard anything that really shed doubt on it other than "someone told me those were crosses."

I do wish, that if my email was going to be copied and pasted here as I sent it, I would've been told. Especially when it said maybe I could come on here an comment, lol. I love to be part of these discussions, but only get on the forums every so often with a house full of kids and animals that need my attention. I never stop learning from good posting.

I do think that after this year, I am going to sell my breeders, I've got my hands in some other projects, that are taking enough time and money, and it hasn't been as enjoyable defending these fantastic snakes every other inquiry. It's amazing how many people with no interest really, just bash things. And since I only do it for the enjoyment in the end, it's taken some of the fun away.
-----
Brian Suter

www.serpenteer.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: interesting.... - johnnic, Sun Sep 23 11:56:16 2012

<< Previous Message:  interesting.... - johnnic, Thu Jul 19 20:17:10 2012