return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

help with my new bearded dragons!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: trish87 at Wed Aug 1 22:40:55 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by trish87 ]  

Four days ago I received 2 baby beardies as a gift , from my experiences at pet stores it's best to do my own research and talk with other owners.
they are really small and still very skid-dish (i've had a beared dragon before he was not this small when i got him ((about 5 1/2 - 6 inches)) also, he was not shy, from day one he loved being held and human interaction)

One of my new beardies is about 3 1/2 inches (his body is the size of my thumb), my other new one is about double the size.

****QUESTIONS****

What is the best way to get these little guys use to me without stressing them out?
(They are very jumpy and still so small i worry about taking them out of the cage for fear of them getting hurt/lost)

Whats the best way to feed them and make sure they are getting equal amounts of food?
-i have been taking off the back legs of the crickets so they don't have to chase the crickets around as much.
-today i tried putting the littlest one in a different cage but it seemed to scare him more than anything, is this something that just takes getting use to or is there something else i can do?

When they aren't eating crickets i put rep-cal bearded dragon food soaked in water for them to eat throughout the day, it says i can add juice to it-what kind of juice would be safe for them?

is baby food safe for beardies? I have a friend that feeds her geckos baby food and they love it so i am curious if it's safe for bearded dragons and if it would be good source of nutrition for their size. (i have a food processor so i could make my own as well)

any help/information on taking care of two deardies this small would be greatly appreciated!
(they were a gift to me, i didn't pick them out, i would of personally chose some bigger in size, but i love them so much already and am willing to do anything to make sure they grow up healthy and strong!)

Thanks!
-Trish

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]