return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: E. Indigo yearling, tail issue

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Indigo Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: lovin2act at Sun Aug 5 17:27:51 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lovin2act ]  

Thank all three of you so much for your thoughts and advice!! He does have access to fresh water pretty much nonstop, but I have not soaked him before as mentioned. So I will definitely do that for sure. And I am thinkin he may need a lesser amount of food to keep his weight down as well. Weird to say that since I dont feed him all that much as it is compared to what I hear many others out there do for theirs. If I dont see some results from both actions, I will for sure have to look into possible surgery then if that becomes the only choice. It seems off that his kink would cause this since it is below the vent area, but I wont pretend I know that truly is the case as I am no pro here, and am not a vet...by far. Just a guy who loves snakes is all. Cant thank you all enough again here for the input!

The prior mention of breeders selling kink tails at a reduced price seems to be a hot topic, and had it not been for that I would not have been able to afford one of these. And the fact that many are never affected by the kink with regards to overall health, makes it that much more difficult to know for sure which to cull and which to let have a chance to live I have no doubt. Especially for guys like me just wanting a great pet snake and not looking to breed. A topic for another time though. Anyone have any approximates on how much a surgery would run if it came down to that? Things seem to be all hitting at once for me right now as I have a dog who was inadvertently poisoned recently and we have months of recovery to go through, and it aint cheap. He is only 3 so we are fighting for him as long as he keeps fighting to stay with us, but it's so hard seeing him the way he is right now...simply helpless and so much weight loss. Anyhow, not to drag other drama into this topic here, I will do what needs to be done for this snake, and will hope for the best that it's simply temporary and wont put me on the street due to not being able to pay the rent
-----
~Markus

The very existence of flamethrowers means that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves..."You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire...but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: E. Indigo yearling, tail issue - VICtort, Sun Aug 5 14:44:00 2012