return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Really? Out of pinkie mice? WTF?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: morulus67 at Tue Aug 28 13:15:22 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by morulus67 ]  

Sorry for my ranting, but also Rodent Pro never bothered to tell anyone about the infected mice they were selling us. I too bought thousands of mice in March - the black ones they had for cheap cause really I think for the most part snakes cant tell color - LOL. After feeding these mice to my snakes and having a good number of Crotalus die for no apparent reason - I tossed them as soon as I found out. I had 1000 extra small pinkies in prep for the hatching season. Although I never had a problem with my colubrids, I lost 12 Crots for no reason that were well established and thriving. One was a scaless atrox I paid $800 for. The vet did the necropsy and determined it was a "virus" of undetermined origin. I treated all of my other Crots with Baytryl and they seem fine. No further losses. If I could prove their mice caused these Crots to die - I'd be in court cause my loss was substantial. I may file anyway because they had an obligation to tell all of their customers and told no one. Now you know being a single guy I keep my mice in the same freezer with dinner, so there was a health risk to me as well I was never told about. Not until there was a huge post on the net about this did RP bother to mention it to anyone and then only on their website. I also lost the remaining order of 4000 mice less those fed before I found out cause I tossed them all.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Dark Phase Blairs - Misfits, Tue Aug 28 14:56:16 2012
<< Previous topic:  Alterna Rush Release - kcarlson, Fri Aug 24 23:21:02 2012