return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Boaphile vs Vision. PLEASE ANSWER.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cage & Habitat Design ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: markg at Thu Oct 11 15:14:03 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by markg ]  

Alot of "ifs" will determine what you need. Both are great cages. You will not go wrong with either.

IF your room is cool much of the year and you are trying to keep large tropical constrictors that require lots of heat, then Boaphiles hold heat in a bit better. Visions lose heat easily due to the material used and the glass doors. If using Visions for the above then make sure your room does not get too cold, or else tape foam insulation sheets to the back and sides of the cage and use plenty of heating.

IF you are not very good with hooking up your own heating, then Boaphile does that for you, and very well.

IF you want a dark-color cage, then Boaphile. (come in gray or white too..).

I think Visions look like warehouse cargo containers, but darn they do make a nice cage that will outlast .. you. As stated by others, the fact that you can't destroy a Vision makes them desireable used. I tend to prefer a swing-down single door, others prefer sliding. I tend to prefer plastic doors, but glass doesn't scratch nearly as easily. I have used both, I like both. They are different in ways but both can do the job.

This is not a decision where one is bad and another is good, it is a decision where both are good. Those are the hardest decisions because you start nit-picking everything.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Boaphile vs Vision. PLEASE ANSWER. - snakeman3005, Wed Aug 29 16:29:35 2012