return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: Yellow Monitor Care

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mightymouseec04 at Fri Sep 7 22:52:49 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mightymouseec04 ]  

Thank you again for the input. I do acknowledge that I am getting advice from some great monitor keepers and for that I have the utmost respect. I am taking all of the advice given and I am looking into other monitor species. I am still reading and searching for information on the yellow monitors but am opening up to possibly others.

I do understand that I should have asked a more specific question and for that I am sorry for the confusion. I have a large 8’ x 4’ x 6’ enclosure with 3 locations to mount heat lamps. I have multiple florescent light fixtures that I plan on installing, and lot of cork and logs to fill the enclosure with. As for hides, I have 4 hides: two on each side of the enclosure, one at about 4’ above the floor and one on the floor. The enclosure averages 85 degrees and has 2 hot spots that are at 120 degrees. I have a misting system that I can program to run in short or long intervals and a large 3.5’ water dish with a pond filter. So far that’s what I have for an enclosure and I am still working on getting it fine tuned.

I am open to suggestions on monitors that may be good fits for me, and truly do welcome all suggestions. I am not really big on the ackies but do like the peach throats, mangroves, blue tails, green and blue trees and of course the yellows. I am not looking to handle the monitors often just from time to time and don’t even care if they are often seen.

Truly, thank you CROCDOC2 and FR. Your inputs have been very appreciated and same to you lizardheadmike. I realize that gaining the experience will come with time and practice.

Thank you all
Anthony D

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Yellow Monitor Care - crocdoc2, Sat Sep 8 17:18:18 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Yellow Monitor Care - crocdoc2, Fri Sep 7 22:01:13 2012